Wednesday 6 October 2010

Progress Update 1

Before I finished my third and final attempt of creating the topology lines I decided to push ahead and attempt the pulling out of the vertices in an attempt to learn the technique. I always like to have a practice run the first timeI try a new technique because there will always be problems along the way. Hopefully by doing it this way I can eliminate some the first time through.

Once I had my topology images I set up the reference planes in Max.
  
Next was the process of creating the mesh by drawing over the quads using the line tool in Max. And then converting one to a edit poly then attaching the rest.
I then selected groups of vertexes and extended them along the X axis in the side view to the proportions of the face.
Aware of the problem with the nose I knew I was going to have to start again after seeking advice with Richard. However now I know the process I am happy I can quickly re-create my mesh once I have sorted out my topology. Other than the nose however I am happy with how the mesh is looking. I will now make some adjustments to the reference image and quickly get back to this point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment