Monday 11 October 2010

Progress 3

Next I had the task of creating the head that i would attach to the face. To do this I created a sphere and resized it to the correct size using my reference planes. Once I had it in the correct position I reduced the number of segments to reduce the complexity of the object and to help match up with the vertices of the face. I attached it by snapping and welding the corresponding vertices. I used soft selection when snapping the vertices so that the shape of the head was kept natural looking. That process was relatively straight forward however a few of the vertices on the head were going off at a bad angle but I decided I would address this at a later date.



I also created the neck and shoulders by further extending the head polygons. I took another photo of my upper chest and used it as a visual reference when making the shape of the collarbones and neck muscles. Initially the neck was far too small meaning my head was far too close to my shoulders. To rectify this I extended the vertices around the neck, moving the shoulders down. I also noticed that the back of the shoulders were not far enough back which was then changed. 
I have also decided I am going to model my glasses. They are simple to create and will add to the reality of the model. I barely recognize myself without my glasses on so I think they are pretty crucial to the models success.

I took a front and side reference photo of my glasses and used the images on reference planes. I started with a box and used 'connect edges' to mark out the rough area that was the frame & not the lens. I then deleted the polygons where the lens sites and extruded the polygons for the arms incorporating a bend towards the end. I again applied a symmetry modifier rather than modeling both sides. I will look to include a lens but I will be leaving that until the end.


0 comments:

Post a Comment